First time beekeeper dealing with a swarm that refuses to be merged back into the hive

Hi, I am a first time beekeeper trying to care for a hive, I have taken care of them for the last month without issue and performed two inspections. Yesterday before I was going to perform my third inspection they decided to swarm despite having ample space to expand, there was nothing unusual like ants but they were not expanding sideways. It turns out they were expanding upwards by building excess comb, I resolved that by reordering the comb and putting another deep box on top with a queen excluder.

I have been trying to deal with this particularly bad swarm over the last two days though, they have truely taken over my compost bin. I think I have managed to merge the queen and the majority of the bees back into the hive but I will need to move them due to Neighbours, they have grandkids that are allergic.

I am hoping to get advice on what to do now about the remaining bees, I have left a bowl of detergent in the compost to help move them on but they do not appear to be relocating to the hive. I’m desperately trying to find solutions to this, I don’t know if I need to split these bees off before I move them; and at that I don’t know anybody that can accept bees currently.

Have you resolved this problem. Can’t believe no one has replied before . I have been away for a while and have just seen the post.
You may have resolved the problem but let me make some observations. Once you have collected a swarm it is best to let them just get on with it for a month or six weeks before looking at them it seems that they get a bit upset about being disturbed. In fact some beekeepers actually shut off the entrance to queens to stop this happening I am not sure about this practice.
About not expending sideways what sort of frames were you using? With the coolness of the weather this season it is probably warmer for them to go up. I have noticed this tendency this season. Solution was to not have too much space above and not to use too big a hive and if the swarm was small to reduce the entrance.
Bees did not follow the queen how far away was the hive?
Not sure what the bowl of detergent was about?
If you ever have problems with swarms or want a swarm picked up ( every body expects as a beekeeper you collect others swarms- not necessary-) contact one of the swarm collectors on the ACT Bees site. Have you joined the local association?